Friday, February 3, 2017

is the chicago sunroof for real?

I've been rewatching the first season of Better Call Saul, and it leaves me with a question.

The show introduces a term which I had never heard before. "Chicago Sunroof." It's a noun. As in, "I was so pissed off at that guy for blocking my driveway that I climbed on top of his car and gave him a Chicago sunroof." As is explained, it consists of defecating through the open sunroof of a car.


Now, I heard this, and thought...who the hell would think to do such a thing? And who the hell would actually give it a name? Jeez! Out of curiosity -- to see if it was really a thing -- I tried looking it up on the intertubes. I found lots of references on Google. More than half a million. But they all seem to refer back to Better Call Saul. Well, not all. There's also a beer -- Chicago Sunroof IPA. But that seems to have been invented after the BCS episode in question had aired. So I can't rule out the possibility that the term was invented for the show.

Can anyone help me out here? Oh, and while we're at it, how about "squat cobbler"?


No comments:

Post a Comment