Friday, November 26, 2021

stoopidstats: homers in n-year spans (again)

 It's been quite the busy fall, so I have fallen behind in my annual ritual of updating my baseball stoopidstats. But I got the first bit out of the way: my annual update of the set of records for most homes run in an n-year span (for positive integers, n).

People may be interested -- or not -- to learn that, once again none of these records has changed. There was a flurry of change in these records during the steroid era, but it's been well over a decade since any of the records changed. The records -- all aleph-null of them are held by four players -- Barry Bonds (who last played in 2007), Mark McGwire (2001), Sammy Sosa (2007) and Babe Ruth (1935). So obviously, none of these records has changed since at least 2007.

But, for the record, here they are:



2 comments:

  1. Interesting table. Would be cool to see the same table for hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do that! Seriously -- essentially the same procedure. Stay tuned!

      Delete