Friday, May 8, 2020

floral fridays -- from around the hood

Today, instead of pictures from my yard, I'm going with some pictures I took around the neighborhood in the last week or so. Well, in fact, one of them is from my yard.


A neighbor has a really nice display of bushes in her front yard. Azaleas, hostas, conifers. There's also some creeping phlox and pachysandra which aren't visible in the picture.


I thought it was really cool the way this oak tree has sedum growing all around its roots.


I love azaleas when they're in bloom. Sadly, they don't stay in bloom very long. Happily, this seems to be a relatively cool spring, and that makes them last longer. Each flower is small, but they cover the outside of the bush in a carpet of color. This is a closeup of an azalea flower after the rain.


A weed is just a plant growing where it's not wanted. To a lot of people dandelions are weeds, because they don;t want them in their lawns. I kind of like yellow spots that a well-dandelioned yard has.

No comments:

Post a Comment