Monday, April 16, 2018

album challenge day 9: oliver!

The original Broadway cast album to Oliver! was one of my parents' records that I loved when I was a kid. My favorite song was "You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two." There's a certain playful quality to it that appealed to me as a young kid -- long before I actually understood anything about the story. Often I would just listen to that one song. But occasionally, as a special treat, I got to listen to the whole album.

This was the first Broadway soundtrack that I got into.

Sixth grade. class play. It's Oliver! And I draw the role of Fagin -- which, admittedly, was well suited to me. Because of my ...limited...singing abilities, I am coached to sort of rap "Pick a Pocket."

This is from one of the movie versions:

Now, of course, that's not the on


No comments:

Post a Comment