Tuesday, February 26, 2019

it's tunesday! "venus" by nervus rex


Nervus Rex was an underrated New York new wave band that should have more success than they did. I originally heard this album after buying a used copy on vinyl at St. Marks Sounds. For twenty-five cents. That was great purchase.

Now, one of the thing that I love is when two things that seem unrelated turn out to be related afterall. Another band I got interested in during college was a folk rock trio called The Washington Squares. I always thought of them as an updated and modernized version of Peter Paul and Mary. I bet they'd have bristled at hearing that, but whatever. Anyway, one day I was going through records and noticed that the purple-clad guitarist on the cover of the album looked a lot like the female third of the Washington Squares. And, yup, same person-- Lauren Agnelli. She's had quite a varied career, and should be better known than she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment