|A little auction excitement|
I've come to really look forward to the annual picnic -- it's a time to schmooze with other LIDS members in a relaxed atmosphere, without an agenda. And schmooze, I did. Between bites of hamburgers, hotdogs and cake. Hmmm. Maybe that explains my waistline.
The only thing I didn't like was that Blair couldn't come. She was taking Sharon to some e-Sports event in Manhattan. Not to worry though -- I ate enough for both of us. Back to that whole waistline issue...
And speaking of eating, Can someone explain to me what kind of dog won't eat hamburger?
Anyway, I came away with some plants, so tomorrow I'll be digging in the yard (hopefully before the Jamaica Estates Association Gardening Club meeting). My bounty? Glad you asked. Pictures of the daylilies are below the list:
- War Horse: I bought this at auction. I love those reds. It reminds me of Spider Man, which is my favorite.
- Allen Watts: Also at auction. I love those Hanson cultivars with the halo pattern. Funny, I was thinking that it looked a lot like Alien Data Base, which is also a Hanson. And when I looked it up, lo, I found that it's one of Alien Data Base's children.
- Frame of Reference: Also at auction. Another haloed Hanson.
- Beyond 2000: This was a freebie. I'd heard a description, and it sounded pretty.
- Trish Herr: Another freebie. Same thing
- Cherokee Star: Another freebie. Same thing about hearing a description.
- Black Ambrosia: Thanks, Toni& Doug! I forget how it came about, but at some point Toni had promised Blair and me that she would give us some of this. I think it's because I had expressed interest in the dark purples.
- A huge hosta (I don't know which cultivar): Thanks, Pam & Luanne! I don't know how this came about, but since Blair and I have a large section of shaded yard that we've been trying to turn into a hosta bed,* this will come in handy.
|Frame of Reference|
*The woman we bought the house from had pachysandra there. I hate pachysandra.