Tuesday, February 19, 2019

it's tunesday! "rumble seat" by bobtown


Bobtown is among my favorite New-York area bands. They play a unique blend of rock, country and folk, emphasizing harmony and percussion. I pulled the following description from their website:
Drawing on field hollers, gospel music, folk songs, pop melodies and bluegrass harmonies, Bobtown reinvents American choral music for the 21st century to create a unique and compelling blend of voices and instruments that move gracefully between elegy and celebration.

I've seen Bobtown perform a few times -- not nearly enough, mind you, since life gets in the way of my seeing live music -- and enjoyed myself immensely.

I wrote about them several times in my now-defunct music blog. You can see those posts here.

I also note that, when they were crowdfunding their third album (the fourth one is coming out soon), I supported their Kickstarter. The main reward for that was that they recorded a demo of one of my songs ("Five Missing One"). There's a lyric video up on Youtube, but I don't want to include it here because this post is about the video above. Also as a reward, I got access to a bunch of early demos of songs on that album. I loved that because it gave me light peek at the creative process. Sadly, I lost my access to those demos when an old computer (with emails up to that point) died. I was hoping to make a CD of those demos for my own listening pleasure. I was going to call it "A History of A History of Ghosts," but I never got that done. Such is life.

At any rate, "Rumble Seat" is one of those songs that I like to just turn up and listen to with my eyes closed, thinking about nothing but the song.

In case you're interested, their website is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment