Saturday, July 15, 2017

the fun of film festival filler

The question: Can I go to a film festival without getting an earworm?

A bunch of years ago, the Film Forum had a festival of Spaghetti Westerns. Ethan and I went and saw a bunch of them. I'm not sure how many -- maybe ten. Between screenings, the theatre played "A Gringo Like Me," which was the theme from Gunfight at red sands. I heard it enough that it worked its way into my head, and I love it to this day.


Now the Quad Cinema is having a Mario Bava film festival. "Mondo Bava," they call it. Ethan and I have seen six films there so far. Honestly, we're both kind of disappointed. But that's another issue. Before each film, they show a trailer for La Chinoise, a film by Jean-Luc Godard. But the audio for the trailer is of the song, "Mao Mao" from the movie. Another catchy song that I can;t get out of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment