Thursday, July 20, 2017

more on the krazy klingon retcon

A week and a half ago, I wrote this post about Klingons and their portrayal in the vaious incarnations of Star Trek.The point of my post was that I thought it was unnecessary for the folks behind Star Trek wrote an elaborate retcon explaining the change in the Klingons' look. I figure they could have explained it away as a matter of different races of Klingons.

So, this week, a friend sent me a link to this article about Star Trek: Discovery, the new show that's being developed. Apparently the Klingons will look different from all the older versions. Apparently the explanation is essentially that the look has never been consistent, so who cares?

In actuality, I don't really care. Much. As I explained here, the new incarnation of Star Trek doesn't feel like Star Trek anymore. Based on the trailer for the new series, I have little hope for it. Which means I won't bother watching any of it until I can see it for free. And even then, well, who knows?

But I just want to note that they could have saved themselves all this trouble if they had adopted my explanation.


No comments:

Post a Comment