Tuesday, June 13, 2017

labels up!

Bedhead -- the only 2017 cultivar in my garden
It took some time, but I finally put up the labels I ordered for my daylilies. Well, I put up 54 of them. There are two more that I have to put up when I have more stakes. Which I'll be able to buy next Saturday at the LIDS meeting.

I have plenty of unlabeled daylilies; I've been buying and planting them for a few years, without labeling or keeping track of what I have. My attitude has been that they're pretty flowers and that's all that matters. I'm still not sure what switch flipped in me this year to make me want to label things, but I've gone about labeling new additions to my garden (as well as the few plants I've already had that -- for one reason or another -- I can identify). Maybe it's the OCD side of my nature kicking in.

And, speaking of the OCD side of my nature, I have this handy-dandy list of the plants I have. The information is taken from the AHS online database. All except for Bedhead, which is a 2017 introduction that's not in the AHS database yet. For that, I took information from Rich Howard's website. Unfortunately, the AHS database is incomplete. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment