Tuesday, June 7, 2022

happy tunesday: "there's a song in my head" by fred haring

 

I'm not a huge Fred Haring fan. I have one of his albums, which I picked up somewhere along the line. Probably from freecycle. I must have given it a listen when I got it and decided to keep it. So it's in my collection, and it's been ripped to my computer. But I never had the energy to devote to following him, so I know very little about him.

While I work from home I often have my music collection playing on shuffle. Sometimes that means I'll hear something I don't immediately recognize. And sometimes that's a huge treat as I hear something and think, "Damn, that's really good!"

And that happened today. It had good lyrics, a memorable refrain and a catchy hook. So I had to pause my work to check what it was. I note that that's not a herculean task, but it's lightly more work than you might realize, since I have both my work computer (company property) and my personal computer hooked up to the same monitor, keyboard and mouse so I have to do a little toggling.

Anyway, the song that caught my attention was "There's a Song in My Head" by Fred Haring. This is a really great song. I wish I had written it. I'm gonna have to back up and listen to more of his music with a careful ear.

There is no Wikipedia page for Fred Haring, but he does have a website.

I'm not a huge Fred Haring fan. But maybe I should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment