Friday, June 17, 2022

copic

 And, a month after I brought Wilko home as my new used cat, the family has a new addition: Sharon's kitten, Copic.


Technically, she's "The Brewery Copic," because the cattery we got her from is registered as "The Brewery" and that's the naming convention. She's a British Shorthair, a breed that's way less floofy and more chonky than Maine Coons -- my preferred breed. But this wasn't about me or what breed I want. It was about Sharon. I point with pride to the fact that both of Copic's parents were grand champions, but Sharon doesn't care about that.

Copic definitely has an alpha personality, and it's not hard to see that she will eventually be the top cat here. But for now she's mostly trying to get used to the place. She spends most of her time in Sharon's room, which is perfect. For a couple days, Sharon was keeping the door closed, so Copic could only leave when Sharon took her out for a tour. By now, though, the door's open. So Copic spends some time exploring. She's ventured into the office a lot to look around while I work from home. But when something spooks her she runs back to Sharon's. And apparently she spends her nights in Sharon's bed. So the bonding is well underway.

And, during the day, when she's not exploring she's hanging out with Sharon, taking over the desk.


And, damn she's a cutie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment