Sunday, May 9, 2021

what makes a neighborhood


It's a nice Sunday afternoon. We're at home Sundaying when the doorbell rings.

At the door are Elsa and Marcos, two people whom we we don't know. They were walking by our house and saw the daylily markers and wondered what they symbolized.

Blair dropped what she was doing, and explained the labels, the cultivars., etc. She told them to come back later in the season and she'll  give them some. It all wasn't a big deal, And yet Marcos explained that they were hesitant to ring the doorbell. What if we came out screaming at them to leave us alone?

I grew up promising determined to never be a "get-off-my-lawn" type of guy. And that's an influence on the fact that we have a park-bench style seat and a bench swing on the front yard. I enjoy it when I look out the window and see neighborhood people hanging out in the front yard.

So, Elsa and Marcos, the worst I'd do is tell you that I don't have time to talk. But feel free to look. Bloom season starts late next month.






No comments:

Post a Comment