Friday, December 14, 2018

creepee monkees

I was thinking about The Monkees and their new albums (2016's Good Times! and this year's Christmas Party). Actually, I was thinking about the videos.

They tried to replicate the musical sound that made them pop music sensations 50 years ago. And, to a degree, they succeeded. Not as spectacularly as many of their fans want to think, but certainly better than they did with their previous reunion albums. And that's cool and all. Granted, I'm still pissed at them for the way they screwed their biggest fans over. But this post isn't about that. If you want to read about that, please go here.*

But I find the videos creepy. Before I elaborate, here are the four official videos from the two albums. As far as I know, they only did two official videos for each of the two albums.








I find it vaguely creepy that, four videos in, they're not showing any contemporary images. It's all cartoonish (and, in three cases, comic book) images of the group as it was 50 years ago. I probably wouldn't have even thought about it if it was one video. But four? That's off.


*And don't forget to click on the ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment