Sunday, December 16, 2018

no frickin' clue...

Last night, Sharon's Overwatch team had a match that was broadcast on Twitch. It was part of the Owlet Tournament. In case you want to watch, the video is on Twitch.

The most salient facts? Sharon is an Off-Tank for Team Verdant. Their opponent was Gucci Gank. Oh, and they got their butts handed to them. It didn't help that one of the players had to leave during the match, and the replacement wasn't actually in a good state to play.

I tried watching, but I really had no frickin' clue what was going on. I was even more confused with this than when I tried watching a cricket match with a friend from England. Anyway, all those characters hopping around on the screen like mice? I had no idea what they were doing. Same with the dragons that sometimes appeared. I would have had no idea who was winning if not for the announcers. But other than that, they didn't really give me any sense of what was going on. Maybe if I was familiar with the game it would have made some sense to me.

I did feel surges of pride whenever I heard the announcers mention Sharon (of course, it was by her screen name, "Gamsha"). Even more so when they complimented the walls she built. I don't know why she was building walls, but since she was, I'm glad they were good walls.*

If I understand things correctly, Team Verdant will be going up against WisdomOW tomorrow night.

*Insert Trump/Mexico joke at your own peril.


No comments:

Post a Comment