Thursday, December 20, 2018

matt shea takes on steve harvey

Prologue: Some years ago we were on a family roadtrip, and Asher was watching a livestream by prominent Youtuber Matt Shea. I may get some of the details wrong -- it has been a while -- but this account is directionally correct. I commented that Shea sounded constipated. Asher posted a comment that "My dad says you sound constipated." Shea saw the comment, read it aloud and said, "Well, that's interesting."

Asher still likes Shea, and makes a point of watching his videos. I've been somewhat agnostic. Until this week. When I saw this video:


I've had a strong dislike for Steve Harvey for a bunch of years -- ever since I saw a clip in which he insulted atheists. In fact it's one of the clips that Shea included in the video above. I have mentioned it to a variety of freinds, and the general response is a yawn. One, however, responded by asking about the prominent militant atheists that are out there. A clear case of whataboutism.

Anyway, Asher started showing me the video. I kept having him pause so that I could interject. Over and over, when Asher resumed play, Shea gave the same responses I did. In a couple places he used the same words.

Thank you, Matt Shea.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I had a lot of reservations about the video after I uploaded it, so I'm glad you enjoyed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete