Tuesday, April 16, 2019

the dave edmunds 75th birthday quiz answers

So here are the answers to yesterday's Dave Edmunds lyrics quiz. In retrospect, I concentrated too heavily on the Swan Song years. I offer two facts in my defense: The Swan Song years were, IMHO, the best of Dave's career. Also, I looked through other albums, but the songs that spoke to me the most generally mentioned the title in the first line (e.g., "Closer to the Flame") or were just too well known as other people's songs (e.g., "Da Doo Ron Ron"). I should have tried harder. Maybe when Dave celebrates his 80th birthday...

Thanks for playing!

I went downtown to see my cousin.
"Bad Is Bad" (Repeat When Necessary)

They say money is the root of all evil.
"Worn Out Suits, Brand New Pockets" (Get It)

I'm too tired to stand up; I'm too drunk to sleep.
"One More Night" (DE 7th)

When I started out I thought that I would make it double quick.
"A.1. On the Jukebox" (Tracks on Wax 4)

It's time I got up and out of this fifth floor prison and went and did something else.
"I'm Gonna Start Living Again (If It Kills Me)" (Twangin...)

I'd rather work in the city in a pinstripe suit and bowler hat."
"You'll Never Get Me Up (in One of Those)" (Twangin...)

I'm in the mood to argue, girl.
"Don't You Double" (Information)

At sixteen she quit high school to make her fortune in the promised land.
"From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come)" (DE 7th)

You ought to see the way my friends stare whenever we're out in a pair.
"Never Been In Love" (Tracks On Wax 4)

All he wanted was a lady that night he came up from the deep.
"Creature from the Black Lagoon" (Repeat When Necessary)


No comments:

Post a Comment