Monday, April 15, 2019

the dave edmunds 75th birthday quiz

In honor of Dave Edmunds' 75th birthday, I thought I'd present a quiz.

The following are the beginnings of ten songs that appeared on Dave's solo albums. Can you name the songs? Note that I am not saying "Dave Edmunds songs." Dave was not a prolific songwriter, and usually relied on songs written by others. I'll post the answers tomorrow.

  1. I went downtown to see my cousin.
  2. They say money is the root of all evil.
  3. I'm too tired to stand up; I'm too drunk to sleep.
  4. When I started out I thought that I would make it double quick.
  5. It's time I got up and out of this fifth floor prison and went and did something else.
  6. I'd rather work in the city in a pinstripe suit and bowler hat.
  7. I'm in the mood to argue, girl.
  8. At sixteen she quit high school to make her fortune in the promised land.
  9. You ought to see the way my friends stare whenever we're out in a pair.
  10. All he wanted was a lady that night he came up from the deep.


No comments:

Post a Comment