Tuesday, October 31, 2017

post-dietular me

I miss you, my loves...
It's been nearly two weeks since I spent my two weeks on a cleanse diet (on the advice of a personal trainer). So how are things going?

During the two weeks, I kept talking about how, as soon as it was over, I'd be gorging on donuts, pizza, cake... But it hasn't happened.

Since the diet ended, I haven't had much in the way of sweets. A small slice of cake on Sharon's birthday. I also had a slice of pizza last week during my cinema history class (note, that's a reduction from the four slices I would have had before the diet). And a few slices of bread. Yeah, and I've had plenty of cheese. But the fact is, my consumption of carbs and junk food is still way down, far below what it was.

I don't know exactly what has happened, but I find I'm not craving it the way I had been. I became acutely aware of it when I was in a drug store with Ethan, and noticed white chocolate Kit Kats. In the past, my reaction would have been that I just gotta try it. Now it was more along the lines of "oh, that looks interesting." I don't know if it's purely psychological, or if there's a physiological change -- like my brain reprogrammed itself to not feel the same need for sweets. Either way, I hope it lasts long enough for me to lose some more weight. I've lost some, but I'm still a good bit heavier than I should be.

I also feel a good bit better than I had felt. I haven't been experiencing heartburn or that tell-tale bloated feeling. Actually, I had that bloated feeling Thursday night after downing a slice of pizza. So the message is obvious.

The trainer is pushing me to exercise more, and I should. I keep saying I should. Well, that's another battle...

No comments:

Post a Comment