Tuesday, July 21, 2020

it's tunesday: "get a haircut" by george thorogood & the destroyers


I was trying to decide what to place as my Tunesday post this week, and then it hit me. There are a whole bunch of synchronicities that make George Thorogood's "Get a Haircut" the right choice:


  • I love the song.
  • Yesterday, my youngest kid got a haircut.
  • A FB friend posted today (or was it yesterday?) about getting a haircut. I commented that it made me want to listen to George Thorogood. The friend didn't know the reference, so I shared this video.
  • I first heard this song when I was at the Hamptons, cavorting in a pool with some friends.* This is relevant because tomorrow I will be at the Hamptons touring a friend's daylily garden.
  • I have a friend at work who may be leaving the company in a few months (for reasons I will not get into here). For years, he and I were haircut buddies. We would get our haircuts together. For years he kept records of what dates we got our haircuts. He wouldn't say that he needs a haircut. He'd say that we're overdue, based on our average frequency and the time elapsed since our last time. The barbers knew us to come together. So we got our haircuts as a break from our real jobs. Anyway, today (by coincidence) I was reminiscing about those haircuts.
  • Great video.


*That night would find me on the roof of the house wearing a lobster bib as a cape, proclaiming myself Cap'n Crustacean -- the savior of the shellfish. I dubbed my friend, Desmond, Mr. Mollusk. But that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment