Tuesday, March 3, 2020

happy tunesday! ("yahoo eeee" by wazmo)


I used to have this 12" single but I don't remember exactly how I got it. I think it was sent to me because I was doing an article for Pulse! Magazine about cowpunk. Maybe not. It's not really a cowpunk song. More a country-synth song.

And I love it.

I do remember opening the box that it came in, and seeing the name "Wazmo." I was really into the Stiff Records label, and they had had a recording artist named "Wazmo Nariz." Could this be the same guy? I wondered. I played it, but couldn't really tell if it was the same voice.

Then I saw, in small print near one edge of the cover, "Ol' Two Ties is back." One of Nariz' gimmicks was to wear two neckties at the same time, so I realized that this was the same guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment