Monday, November 11, 2019

that's two issues i have under my belt

It's not perfect, but I have created and released the Fall, 2019, issue of the LIDS Newsletter. You can read it here.

Features?

Aside from the front page headline visible in the illustration, there's:

  • Pat Sayers talks about how she became interested in daylilies.
  • Bob Stanton talks about his entries in the Saxton Seedling contest (including his winning entry which he has since registered as "Margaret Stanton Memorial."
  • A rundown of new cultivars introduced by LIDS members in 2019.
This is the second issue of the newsletter since I became editor.

On the nitpicky side of things, a colleague at work* thinks that LIDS Newsletter is a bad name. But I don't have anything better. He suggested LIDS News, but I'm not feeling it.

*I won't divulge who it is, but suffice to say he his name has syllables in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment