Tuesday, November 12, 2019

happy tunesday! ("wrong again" by squeeze)


I know this song a Rockpile number, being that I was first exposed to it on Rockpile's album, Seconds of Pleasure. But fans (or, truthfully, anyone who reads things like songwriting credits on record sleeves) know that it was written by Squeeze's Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook.

So just for gits and shiggles I'm sharing this version performed by Squeeze. It was on a plexidisc included in an issue of Smash Hits which was (or is...I have no idea if it's still around*) a British music tabloid. I like Rockpile's version better. It's paced better, as compared to this one which seems rushed. Still, I'm going with the rarer Squeeze version.

*I bet I could look that up, but I don;t really care enough

No comments:

Post a Comment