Monday, May 14, 2018

speaking of sharon's art...

Today, Sharon's art class will be moving from still lifes to live models. That's the part they warned me about when I signed her up for class -- that she'd be seeing nude models -- women only, they hastened to tell me. It's interesting to contemplate why I would object to my daughter seeing nude women. But, I guess, better safe than sued.

In anticipation, Sharon has been practicing at home doing drawings of people based on photos she finds on the intertubes. Yeah, it's not the same since she's working with photos rather than live, and she's doing it digitally, using a drawing tablet instead of paper and pencils. Still, I'm impressed. I think she shows some real talent.

Here are some samples she was willing to let me share. My favorite is the breakdancer (which still has the reference photo showing).




No comments:

Post a Comment