Wednesday, May 16, 2018

cinema history class: your vice is a locked room and only i have the key


Session: Giallo Month II, Week 2
Movie: Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key (1972)
Directed by Sergio Martino
As always, there may be spoilers here. And the trailer may be NSFW and/or NSFL

Plot:
Murders are being committed near the home of degenerate writer, Oliviero Rouvigny. Hilarity ensues.

Reaction:
Bad week for me. I was so exhausted that I just couldn't stay awake for this movie. And I couldn't concentrate during the parts that I was awake for.

I did catch some scenes. The naked table-dancing scene at the beginning was nice. I correctly deduced (based on body language) who would push whom off the cliff at the end. And the whole homage to Poe's The Black Cat was interesting, despite its obviousness.

But I missed it, and it's apparently a shame, since the others really thought it was a good movie. Hell, Ethan gave it one of his rare ten-star ratings. It appears to be viewable on Youtube, so I'll have to give it a watch/.

Ratings:
Me: NR
Dave: 9.5-9.6
Ethan: 10
Joe: 10
Sean: 3 out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment