Tuesday, April 25, 2017

even the bunnies aren't safe

So it's come to this?


http://jalopnik.com/united-airlines-reviewing-death-of-giant-rabbit-1794650525


For United Airlines, when it rains it pours.

The recent dustup regarding United Airlines and their mistreatment of passengers seems new, but I remember when DaveCarroll took the airline on.


Honestly, I don't know what;'s involved in flying with a musical instrument. I've never done it, but I know others have. Duh. I suspect there's more to the story than Carroll shares. And he shouldn't have called out a United employee by name. She's just trying to do her job and make a living within a restrictive corporate structure.

And then the more recent stuff. Not letting the girls with leggings on the flight, having a paying passenger beaten and dragged off a flight. Bumping the hedge fund manager to economy. Kicking the engaged couple off the flight to their destination wedding.

Seems to me United's culpability is clear in some cases (the Vietnamese Doctor who got beaten up). But in other cases, I just don't see it. The legging girls were flying nonrevenue, and the dress code for such passengers is clear.

But at some point, I have to wonder if the hype has taken on a life beyond reality? Do these things really happen only on United? Or are we only hearing about each new case because it's fun to pile on?

Poor bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment