Tuesday, December 28, 2021

happy tunesday! jackpot

 

"Jackpot" is another song that I asked Toby Wilson to record for me.

I first wrote "Jackpot" sometime between 15 and 20 years ago. I also got a really good modern Nashville sounding demo made by County Q Studios in Nashville. In writing this post I am shocked to discover that I never made the County Q recording the subject of a Tunesday. Maybe next week.

"Jackpot" isn't the best-constructed of my songs, but I really like it -- Blair was the primary subject.

I really like Toby's arrangement of this song -- it's simpler than the County Q version, and it feels at home.

I've been thinking that, when it comes time to assemble Toby's recordings, I'll probably ask him to replace his lead vocal with that of someone else he hires for the job. I'll probably do that with a few songs. That way no one song stands out due to having a different vocalist.


No comments:

Post a Comment