Tuesday, September 24, 2019

happy tunesday! ("she's a waitress and i'm in love" by five chinese brothers)


This song has been running through my head all week. OK, the week is still young. But anyway...

There's something enjoyably creepy about the opening line, "She reminds you of your mother in a dirty sort of way."

I think the first time I came across Five Chinese Brothers was at the Lonestar Roadhouse (which was a Midtown Manhattan music spot. They were opening for Mike Nesmith. Or maybe for the Beat Farmers. It's been long enough that I don't remember. But I liked them enough to buy all their albums -- at least I think I have all their albums.

A couple of other sidenotes:

  • I used to have a friend named George. We're not friends anymore, but that's another matter. George, had, briefly, been in a band with Paul Foglino of Five Chinese Brothers.
  • Years later Five Chinese Brothers' original drummer was, briefly, my daughter's guitar teacher.
  • None of the members of Five Chinese Brothers was Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment