Tuesday, June 9, 2020

it's tunesday! ("when you get a little lonely" by maureen mccormick)


Bear with me here...

I was kind of flipping around Youtube, and watched the Pop Up Video version of the Brady Bunch episode, "Dough Re Mi." That's the one where Greg decides he's a songwriter, and Peter suggests that all six kids form a singing group. Anyway, after that I saw this as an option for the next video to watch. I figured it would be good for a laugh.

But it wasn't simply good for a laugh. It was good. I mean, really good.

Now, I should note that I really like the Nashville sound of the mid-1990s, and this is from smack dab in the middle of that decade. It also kind of reminds me of some of Rachel Sweet's country-flavored tunes ("Truckstop Queen," for example).

At any rate, I really love this track, and hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment