Wednesday, April 29, 2020

sharon the tat artist

Time to daddybrag.
Sharon has started taking commissions for her artwork. So far, she's been designing tattoos for members of her Overwatch team.

My understanding is that it started with a teammate seeing a drawing she made of an Overwatch logo. He had been planning to get an Overwatch tattoo and asked if he could use it as a tatoo.

Somehow it went from there. Another teammate ios really into Hammond, who's a character in Overwatch, and asked her to design a Hammond tattoo for him. She started with a few concepts showing different aspects to Hammond's nature. The one's shown in this post represent her closing in on what he wants. In addition, his mother is a domestic abuse survivor and wants a tattoo based around the "True love shouldn't hurt" slogan. Sharon's been working on concept drawings for that.

In all cases, I apologize for the low-res nature of the images I am including with this post.

In fairness, I'm not really pro-tattoo. I would be unhappy about it if any of my kids were to get tattoos -- though I acknowledge that, once they're 18 it's their decision. And, on that note, if her teammate and his mother want tattoos that's their business. And if Sharon's art is good enough that they want it permanently inked into their skin, then I can't help but being proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment