Friday, April 3, 2020

floral friday - daffodil

I think we can all use something positive about now. So I am inaugurating "Floral Fridays." Every Friday I'll post a picture from my garden. I will do this until either I get bored of it or we get past this whole COVID-19 thingy. Hopefully the latter will happen before the flower season is over.

It's still early spring, so I don;t have a lot of blooms to choose from. Here's a daffodil. Honestly, daffodils aren't my favorite flower. But they're early season bloomer and they thrive around here. If you plant a few bulbs in the fall, you'll get some flowers in the spring, but they'll reliably spread. To the point where you might even consider them weeds. Of course, if they're growing where you don't want, it's easy to pull out the extras.

I know there are a lot of different cultivars -- I can see, in my yard, the yellows, the oranges, the whites with yellow, the yellows with orange. But I know very little about that.

Anyway, this one was growing in a clump in my front yard. It's got an extra moist look because we had rain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment