Sunday, December 1, 2019

father/daughet breakfast -- a new tradition

Sharon and I are working on building a new tradition -- weekly father/daughter breakfasts.

The idea came to me a few weeks ago. Sharon wants to get a part-time job, and needed paperwork from the Department of Education. Afterwards, she was hungry so we went for a bite to eat.

And it was nice. Hanging out and chatting with her. Neither one of us staring at our phones.

I already spend a lot of time with Ethan. We have our (more or less) weekly cinema history class, and our weekly trips to the farmers' markets. And Asher gets a lot of my attention because, well, at home he demands it. But Sharon spends a lot of time at home working with the Overwatch team that she manages, and on her artwork. It would be easy enough to simply forget to interact with her, and I don;t want that to happen.

Since our unplanned lunch, I have started making it a habit to go out with her Saturday mornings (or early afternoon, if that's what works). We've done it now for two week,s and will be doing it again next week. It's great to spend the time with her. Just chatting and eating. I hope this tradition lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment