Wednesday, December 25, 2019

a bunch o' christmas songs

Since I am not a religious Christian, but Christmas is all around me, I figure I'd remind people of a a dozen great but nonreligious Christmas songs. Of course, once I got started I blew right past twelve, and Blair had to drag me away from my computer. I am in no way representing this list as complete, so feel free to suggest others in the comments section. Except for McCartney's "A Wonderful Christmastime." That song annoys the spleen out of me.

Run Rudolph Run
Chuck Berry

Father Christmas
The Kinks

Stop the Cavalry
Jona Lewie

Christmas at the Airport
Nick Lowe

The Only Present I Want This Year
Eytan Mirsky

The Eleven Cats of Christmas
Trout Fishing in America

Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)
The Ramones

Christmas Wrapping
The Waitresses

Christmas on the M62
Wreckless Eric

Christmas Christmas
Mojo Nixon

Christmas in Hollis
Run DMC

Space Christmas
Shonen Knife

Merry Christmas
Wesley Willis

A Christmas Carol
Tom Lehrer

Christmas at Ground Zero
"Weird Al" Yankovic


No comments:

Post a Comment