Thursday, September 13, 2018

vote. or don't. your choice.

This morning, I voted in the primaries. A few observations:
  • Since Blair and I are registered with different parties (yes, we're a mixed marriage), there was some confusion over which ballots to give us. Fortunately, it wasn;t a big problem.
  • One of the pollworkers started giving me dirty looks when he realized my party affiliation. He did his best to mask his distaste, but I could still see it. Whatever. He still did his job.
  • This was Ethan's first time voting, so he was a little ill at ease. I had brought the Approval Notice he got from the the Board of Elections. Just in case. We didn't need it.
  • One of the observers (perhaps alerted by the confusion of a new voter and a mixed-affiliation couple) came over. When he saw my T-shirt (a Nick Lowe concert shirt from sometime -- I forget when -- in the last ten years), he started chatting with me about it. He was unaware that Nick Lowe had reinvented himself as a crooner in the 1990s.
Overall, it went reasonably smoothly. Let's hope for the same in the general election in a couple months.


4 comments:

  1. was there -anything- for Republicans to vote about? I mean, I'm gonna go anyway... I used to go in Queens just for the dirty looks when they said "no, nothing for Republicans today"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. State Senator. In this district it was Paladino vs. Minching.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Ethan on his first vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell him you said so. Better yet, you can tell him in a few weeks.

      Delete