Wednesday, September 12, 2018

cinema history class: the hand of power

Session: Krazy Krimis -- Get Your Krimi On, Week 3
Movie 1: The Hand of Power (1968)
Directed by Alfred Vohrer
As always, there may be spoilers here. And the trailer may be NSFW and/or NSFL





Plot:
Some loon in a skeleton costume is killing with a scorpion ring. Hilarity ensues.

Reaction:
Well, this is kind of embarrassing, and I should probably just kind of skip the blogpost about this movie. This was a Thursday night that I was just way too tired to be in class, and I ended up sleeping through most of the movie.

I remember the really cool skeleton costume that the killer wore, the spring-mounted venomous scorpion-tail ring that the killer employed, and the green-hued guy with the backstory. I also remember some really cool music -- these late-60's krimis seem to have the best music. I also remember the discussion about how the skeleton costume made this seem like something right out of Scooby Doo. Oh, also that this was a pretty good revenge story.

But for the life of me I can't remember the movie. As such, I couldn't rate it -- that much I could remember. But I can't even find my notes, so I can't tell you what the others rated it.

Sorry.

PS: In case you're looking for it, this is also known as The Zombie Walks.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure? I thought Joe did one of his weighted votes...X for this, Y for that...and we have to average them.

    ReplyDelete