Thursday, December 22, 2016

movie night on boxing day

Ethan and I have been feeling withdrawal symptoms since Keith's cinema history class has been on hiatus. I still have to write about the last thing he showed, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, to deal with the withdrawal, we decided to host a movie night. After consultation with Keith and Joe (from the class), we settled on the Hammer classic, These Are the Damned (1963). We have a copy on DVD as part of a small box set of six Hammer films. I am not familiar with this, but Ethan assures me that it must be good, since it's a Hammer Film. The trailer makes it look good.


Anyway, we're doing this at 4:00 on Monday, which is Boxing Day. Maybe we should be showing a boxing movie instead? And before y'all email to explain that Boxing Day has nothing to do with the sport, I know. It's just a bad joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment