Saturday, June 25, 2016

orange and root beer pop-tarts disappoint

It wasn't easy, but I got my hands on the new possibly limited edition* Pop-Tarts -- Frosted A&W Root Beer and Frosted Orange Crush flavors.

Short answer? Meh. They're OK. But not great. They're certainly not in the neighborhood of Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon, which is the Cadillac of Pop-Tarts. And the're not in the league of Frosted Strawberry, which is second in my book. They're OK. They taste kind of good. Kind of. Sort of.

OK, I admit that I had really high hopes. I really wanted to like these, and they disappointed me. Honestly, I'm not sure what I expected. They each taste like their respective sodas, with tastes shining in all their flavor-chemists-of-New-Jersey glory. So I can't fault them on that front, but I just found them underwhelming.

For the record, Ethan and Sharon said that they're inedible.


*I honestly don't know if they're limited edition. I saw that somewhere, and the stores near me sold out quickly (and didn't get more). On the other hand, the boxes don't actually say that they're limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment