Tuesday, August 30, 2022

happy tunesday! you got the car (kasey chambers)


Things like this happen occasionally. I don't know how long I've had this CD in my collection. I have no idea when or how I got it.

Actually, I have one idea. Most likely I got it from freecycle with a bunch of other CDs. I then got the CDs home and went through them all, giving cursory listens to each and deciding quickly which ones were worth keeping. The Captain by Kasey Chambers was one of those that I deemed worth keeping. So I ripped it to my computer, boxed up the physical CD and forgot about it.

But when I work from home I have my computer playing music from my collection on shuffle. When "You Got the Car" came on, I was immediately struck by how much I like it. This is great pop music.

I also, for what it's worth, went to Spotify and addded the track to my "Assorted Stuff" playlist -- which is what I play from my phone when I am not by my computer. For example, when I work in the office, or when I'm driving.

Wow! That's a great track!

No comments:

Post a Comment