Tuesday, July 12, 2022

happy tunesday! funny in my head

 

Some years ago I made a minor joke and no one laughed. I remember the situation, but that's not important. I don't remember what the joke was. But when no one laughed I mumbled "well, it was funny in my head." And an idea was born.

Years later, I had most of a novelty song written. I ran it by my friends, Christina and Keith Crocker, who helped me put the finishing touches on it.


I have another recording with a slightly different mix. In the one above, you'll note that the final lines are sung by a woman, the wife in the song. In the alternate, those lines are sung as a duet by the husband and the wife. I asked Keith and Christina which they like better. Keith likes this one, Christina prefers the one with the duet at the end. But I went with this one, because I like it better. Sorry, Christina...

Now, if only I can get it to Dr. Demento's ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment