Tuesday, May 17, 2022

happy tunesday! "(theme from) bionic joe"



Did you ever make a joke and then continue it because...well because it was too amusing to end? I remember I did that in college when I joked that I was twins -- Marc Whinston and Moshe Whinston. Most people knew I was kidding, but one fellow student believed it, and had a strong preference for Moshe over Marc.

But I digress.

There's a guy I know on Facebook named Joe Discenza. We were grad students together. We lost touch. Then one of us reached out to the other on FB. We've been FB friends since. Anway, Joe was doing lots of bicycling. Then he posted something about joint replacement surgery. Someone (maybe it was me?) Made a comment about "Bionic Joe." I immediately wrote a verse for a theme song for a TV show about "Bionic Joe," who cycles around doing good.

Yeah, it was kind of stupid. But I got a kick out of it. And it was too good to drop. I figured the song should have Joe voicing a tagline for the character. So this spring, when Joe and his wife were in New York anyway, they came over and Joe recorded catchphrases so I could have Toby stick them into the recording. It was the first time I'd seen Joe in over 30 years, which was cool too.

Now all I need is for some TV executive to take up the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment