Tuesday, December 29, 2020

happy tunesday! this year's gonna be our year


I was literally sitting down to compose a Tunesday post. I had given it some thought, and had decided on a song. And I had the gist of the post written in my head. Then I got a Facebook notice that Eytan Mirsky had posted in his FB page, "The Mirsky Mouse Club." It seems that another blogger has named Eytan's "This Year's Gonna Be Our Year" as the best record ever. Or at least nominated it as one of the best records ever -- I'm not quite sure, as I read the post quickly since I have to finish typing this before I head out. I really shouldn't admit all that. Pretend you didn't read any of that uncertainty.

You can read his blogpost here and decide for yourself what he said.

At the risk of disappointing people, I disagree. "This Year" is a great upbeat song. But, as great as it is, it's not even Eytan Mirsky's best. But with the new year coming, we can all hope that 2021 is better than 2020. So I'll go with it.

"Baby's Liquored Up" will have to wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment