Sunday, November 1, 2020

a political reminder

With just a couple days to go before Election Day, and in the middle of the most contentious Presidential race in my lifetime, I'm going to reiterate a point I made a while back.

If you're posting a lot of political stuff on social media, and you're trying to influence my opinion, I have a couple tips for you.

  • Don't make fun of names. If, in your argument, you bastardize the name of the candidate or party that you don't like, then I'm less likely to take you seriously. Referring to "tRump" or "the Demorats" doesn't do anything to convince me.
  • Curate. If your Facebook feed is a long stream of questionable memes and links -- lies that have been debunked, or fatally flawed comparisons, then I am unlikely to take any of your memes seriously.

But, as I have said before, if you're posting to vent your spleen and have no real wish to sway me, then enjoy. But don't wonder why I didn't change my opinion.

2 comments: