Tuesday, January 7, 2020

it's tunesday! ("loud music in cars" by billy bremner)


This week it's "Loud Music in Cars" by Billy Bremner -- in honor of my car, which is in the shop due to a problem that first manifested itself as a problem with the sound system. Initially, I thought there was simply some kind of short in the sound system.

Suffice to say the car has been without working sound for a while now. That was going to change today, as the shop was going to put in a replacement amplifier. But, well, let's just say that this keeps getting more involved and more expensive. And I can't play loud music in the car.

Well, while we're at it, let me share an anecdote about this song. Thirty years ago I was heading up to Williamstown, Massachusetts, for a trivia contest. I was in the car with a friend from work and my then-girlfriend. To pass the time during the long drive, one of us suggested we play a game with music. I don't remember the details, but it involved us taking turns singing songs about a chosen topic.

Eventually, on the subject of cars, I started warbling "Loud music in cars...loud music in cars...Every day, every place I go..." And the others tried to call bullshit on me. They thought I was making it up. But, damnit, it was a real.

Just like the big McDonalds in my mind, which didn't actually exist. But even that got built...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment