Tuesday, December 10, 2019

happy tunesday! ("k'she'at bochah at lo yafa" by arik einstein)



This song has been on my mind a bit lately. I'm not sure how it entered my head, but it did. This is one of those situations where I found out that a recording I love is actually a cover version. I first knew the version by T-Slam, and only years later came across the original version by Arik Einstein.
I like them both, but have a strong preference for the original.

The title translates to "You're Not Pretty When You Cry." There are other Youtube videos of Arik Einstein's recording that have better sound quality. But they don;t have the groovy visuals.

As a side note, New York musician Eyta Mirsky recorded an accoustic version for his Youtube channel. That one is here:


And, hell, while I'm presenting different vesrsions, here's the T-Slam recording that I first knew:




No comments:

Post a Comment