Saturday, August 29, 2020

space: 1999 -- season 2 episode 17 -- the lambda factor

Season 2, Episode 17: The Lambda Factor

This blog comes with the generalized warning that any post may contain spoilers. That is especially true of these Space: 1999 posts. So if you haven't seen this episode, intend to watch it, and therefore don't want spoilers, then don't read.

Plot Synopsis
One member of the crew is dead, Koenig is having nightmares and everyone's grumpy. Maybe it has something to do with that rotating disc thing that's out in space.

My Thoughts
I guess the producers decided that they wanted a murder mystery. What they put together was a muddled piece of flaming crap. The mystery angle was ham-handed. The emoting was not believable. The ending induced head-scratching.

If I have to find something good to say about this episode -- and I don't have to, but I will anyway -- it's that I think the whole Koenig-having-nightmares plot was kind of interesting. It was also nice that it recalled part of his personal history that had been mentioned in a prior episode. It's just too bad that the way they tied it into the rest of the plot was so godawful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment