Sunday, August 29, 2021

kosher banking?

At the bank today, I noticed they had this kashrut certificate up:


This had me kind of puzzled, since it was a bank, not a food market.

I asked the teller why the bank needed such a certificate, and she explained that it's for the lollipops. Yes, the bank did have a few strategically placed trays with lollipops. And I might have realized that that's what the certificate was for if I had read it carefully; the section in the middle indicates that it is for the "Chase Bank Jolly Pops."

But I am still left with a question. Under "Restrictions," the certificate indicates that "Kof-K symbol [is] required." The wrappers on the lollipops -- excuse me, jolly pops -- had the Chase logo, but not the Kof-K symbol. Of course, if they had the Kof-K symbol, that would have sufficed and the kashrut certificate would have been redundant. But without the symbol, it seems to me, there's nothing present to assure me that the lollipops are kosher. Or am I missing something?





No comments:

Post a Comment