Sunday, December 31, 2017

when breaking bad got too cartoonish

Breaking Bad has been on my mind, since Sharon decided that she wants to watch it. I'm watching it with her -- rewatching it, in my case.

Anyway, I thought it was a great show -- I still do. But there are some things they did wrong.

Take, for example, the death of Gus Fring (shown below):


Plotwise, it was excellent. But what bothers me is the way they had Gus walk out of the room after the explosion, and die in the hallway. Given the extent of his injuries, there's no way he would have been able to walk out of the room and adjust his tie.

There are other places in the series where they got the science wrong, but this was simply cartoonish. Sort of like Daffy Duck. Which wouldn;t be basd, except that BB wasn't supposed to be a cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment