Saturday, September 24, 2016

tweeting from two places at once -- all for stack-up

By all appearances, at least to anyone who follows me on Twitter, I managed to be in two places at once today.

Sharon is in California at MineCon (as half of Team Meowsome). Blair is there with her, and has been using the opportunity to spread the word about Stack-Up. She's been doing that by talking to people about the organization, and tweeting about it. In many cases she's been getting people to pose for pictures with Stack-Up stickers, and the Tweeting the pictures. And SU leadership seems to love it. They've been praising me for all this great work. The catch, of course, is that it's not my work. Blair has been tweeting under my name since she doesn't have a Twitter account of her own. So, essentially, I'm getting credit for her work. If you ask her, she'll explain that she doesn't care who gets the credit. She's a "policy wonk" as she puts it. Her mantra is that you can get a whole lot done if you don't care who gets the credit. But let me state for the record that she's the one doing killing it on behalf of Stack-Up out in California. The people in charge of Stack-Up should know that.

So, while Blair and Sharon are out at Minecraft, what have I been doing?

Today there was a Stack-Up fundraiser in New Jersey. So Ethan, Asher and I headed down to South Amboy to be part of the Stack-Up contingent. I twote from there, but I wasn't nearly as prolific as Blair. Tweeting is a medium that I still have to gain my comfort level with.

But since I was tweeting from New Jersey while Blair was tweeting (as me) from California, I managed the impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment