Sunday, February 23, 2020

cinema history class: deadly weapons

Session: Babes with Bodies that Kill, Week 3
Movie: Deadly Weapons (1974)
Directed by Doris Wishman


As always, there may be spoilers here. And the trailer may be NSFW and/or NSFL

Administrative Detail:
My apologies, but I could not find the trailer for Deadly Weapons on Youtube. It's on imdb if you want to see it here.


Plot:
After mobsters kill her boyfriend, Crystal hunts them down and kills them with her breasts. Hilarity ensues.

Reaction:
I used to have a friend who was a breast man. He loved large breasts. The larger, the better. The classic anecdote about him is that he once called a mutual friend in the middle of the night and asked him if he could imagine breasts being too big. The friend, half asleep, responded that, yes, he it could be possible for them to be so big that they are no longer attractive or even practical. "That," came the response, "is where you and I are different." He then hung up. I couldn't help but think of that anecdote as we watched Deadly Weapons, a movie that was little more than a vehicle to show off Chesty Morgan's (billed as Zsa Zsa)  freakishly large chest.*

This was an ugly movie. The cinematography was ugly, the people in it were ugly.** Even the sound was ugly. There was a little bass riff that kept playing to move things along. At first I kind of enjoyed it. But they went back to it too many times, and I just got sick of it.

That said, I should note in the movie's favor that there is a plot and even a twist ending. So from that standpoint, it's OK. But I just found it painful to watch.

Ratings:
Me: 4.5
Dave: 9.1
Ethan: 4
Joe: 9.8
Sean: 0 out of 4

*FWIW, it's all natural
**Actually, Harry Reems (billed as Harry Reemes) was slim and attractive if you're into hairy-chested men with mustaches. I'm not really, but credit where due.

No comments:

Post a Comment