Saturday, January 19, 2019

lids meeting -- january, 2019



The highlight of today's LIDS meeting was a presentation by Planting Fields' Assistant Director, Michael Runkel. Runkel gave an interesting presentation on holly's and conifers. Concentrating on plants that do well on Long Island, he spoke at length about how to care for these plants.

Before Runkel spoke, I had a little bit of microphone time. First I talked about the LIDS newsletter -- I am the new editor, but there are a whole lot of questions -- how often it will come out, in what format, etc. I made my plea for writers. My biggest fear is that it will be the Marc Whinston Daylily Newsletter, and I don't have the time, energy or expertise to be the sole creator of the newsletter. I also made a picth to get us an IO group which (I hope) will make it easier for the club to commiunicate and for me to distribute the newsletter.

In other daylily club related items, I was also asked to write something for the Region 4 newsletter about my experience with the online judging workshop. I have been meaning to write a blogpost about that, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I can kind of piggyback the two things into one.

The next meeting will be the annual luncheon in March. I think that will warrant a day off from my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment